Half Marathon Training
Half Marathon Training – Summer 2021
Join the tens of thousands of people who challenge themselves every year to the fastest growing distance race in the country – the half marathon! Even better, make it the nationally recognized Madison Mini-Marathon, voted best half marathon in Wisconsin by Race Raves! We welcome those who are also training for another summer half marathon. Planning to do a fall full marathon? This is a great program to help you build mileage over the summer months!
IMPORTANT PROGRAM DATES
Goal Race: Madison Mini-Marathon on July 24, 2021
Program Duration: May 3, 2021 – July 24, 2021 (12 weeks). Registration Deadline: Friday, April 30, 2021 Meet and Greet Program Kick-Off: Monday, May 5, 2021 @ 5:15 p.m. Fleet Feet Madison (8440 Old Sauk Rd) and Fleet Feet Sun Prairie (2828 Prairie Lakes Drive) First Group Run: Wednesday, May 5, 2021 @ 6:00 p.m.
REGISTRATION Cost: $120 *Registration into the goal race is NOT included in your training program registration Register Now
Age requirement for participation: 16 years old.
PARTICIPATION CAP 75 Athletes
GROUP RUNS (2X/WEEK) Meeting locations: Wednesday group runs will primarily meet at the Fleet Feet stores. Weekend meeting locations will rotate between west, central, and east areas of Madison.
- Wednesday @ 6:00 p.m. : Fleet Feet Madison (8440 Old Sauk Rd) or Fleet Feet Sun Prairie (2828 Prairie Lakes Dr)
- Saturdays from 6:45 a.m. – 7:15 a.m. : Saturday runs will follow a wave start according to pace groups (pace assignments are subject to change).
- 6:45 a.m. (11:05 min/mile +)
- 7:00 a.m. (~9:35 min/mile – 11:00 min/mile)
- 7:15 a.m. (~9:30 min/mile and under)
Participants are also welcome to participate in our free weekly fun runs. Sign up required due to participation caps. More information on our free fun runs can be found on the Fleet Feet website.
- Fleet Feet 5K (3 mile) – Mondays @ 6:00 p.m.
- Pub Runs (3-5 miles) – Thursdays @ 6:00 p.m.
We recommend you be able to run 3 miles 2-3x/week prior to the start of half marathon training. This is to ensure you stay healthy and injury free. Our programs are inclusive to a variety of paces and ability levels. Program participants generally range anywhere from 8:30 min/mile to 14 min/mile.
- A complete and detailed 12-week training plan leading up to the Madison Mini-Marathon (2 training plans to choose from based on goals and experience)
- Strength and core workouts
- Weekly program emails with route information, advice, training tips, and motivation
- Expert coaching and guidance
- Organized group workouts 2x/week with mapped courses – routes include some portions of the race course
- Gear wear tests, promotions, and giveaways
- Sampling of nutrition and hydration products
- Staffed pace group leaders on Saturday mornings to help you stay on track
- Fleet Feet Running Club gear item
- Fleet Feet coupon book
- A supportive environment for all athletic abilities that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships!
CONTACT AND QUESTIONS Coach Megan Sweet Email: email@example.com Fleet Feet Madison: 608-833-9999