Half Marathon Training
Half Marathon Training – Summer 2022
Join the tens of thousands of people who challenge themselves every year to the fastest growing distance race in the country – the half marathon! Even better, make it the nationally recognized Madison Mini-Marathon, voted best half marathon in Wisconsin by Race Raves! We welcome those who are also training for another summer half marathon. Planning to do a fall full marathon? This is a great program to help you build mileage over the summer months!
IMPORTANT PROGRAM DATES
Goal Race: Madison Mini-Marathon on July 23, 2022
Program Duration: TBD
Registration Deadline: TBD
Meet and Greet Program Kick-Off: TBD First Group Run: TBD
REGISTRATION Cost: TBD
Age requirement for participation: 16 years old.
PARTICIPATION CAP 75 Athletes
GROUP RUNS (2X/WEEK) TBD
We recommend you be able to run 3 miles 2-3x/week prior to the start of half marathon training. This is to ensure you stay healthy and injury free. Our programs are inclusive to a variety of paces and ability levels. Program participants generally range anywhere from 8:30 min/mile to 14 min/mile.
- A complete and detailed 12-week training plan leading up to the Madison Mini-Marathon (2 training plans to choose from based on goals and experience)
- Strength and core workouts
- Weekly program emails with route information, advice, training tips, and motivation
- Expert coaching and guidance
- Organized group workouts 2x/week with mapped courses – routes include some portions of the race course
- Gear wear tests, promotions, and giveaways
- Sampling of nutrition and hydration products
- Staffed pace group leaders on Saturday mornings to help you stay on track
- Fleet Feet Running Club gear item
- Fleet Feet coupon book
- A supportive environment for all athletic abilities that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships!
CONTACT AND QUESTIONS Coach Megan Sweet Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fleet Feet Madison: 608-833-9999