Half Marathon Training Summer 2019
Join the tens of thousands of people who challenge themselves every year to the fastest growing distance race in the country – the half marathon! Even better, make it the nationally recognized Madison Mini-Marathon, ranked #14 of the best 27 half-marathons in the U.S. by Runner’s World Magazine! We welcome those who are also training for another summer half marathon, or are working toward a fall full marathon. We recommend you be able to run 3 miles 2-3x/week prior to the start of half marathon training. This is to ensure you run healthy and stay injury free.
Planning to do the Madison Marathon this fall? This is a great program to help you build mileage over the summer months!
Important Program Dates:
Goal Race: Madison Mini-Marathon on August 17, 2019
Program Duration: June 1, 2019 – August 17, 2019
Program Kick-Off Party: Saturday, June 1, 2019 @ 8:30am Fleet Feet Madison (8440 Old Sauk Rd)
First Group Run:Wednesday, June 5, 2019 @ 6PM
Early Bird Special: $99 until May 16, 2019
Regular Rate: $110 (May 17 – May 28)
Late Registration: $120 (May 29 and after)
*Registration into the goal race is NOT included in your training program registration
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, May 29, 2019
Group Runs – 2x/week: Weekend meeting locations will rotate between west, central, and east areas of Madison. Wednesday group runs will be meet at the Fleet Feet stores except for a few dates in which we have special events.
- Wednesday 6PM – Fleet Feet Madison (8440 Old Sauk Rd) OR Fleet Feet Sun Prairie (2828 Prairie Lakes Dr)
- Saturday 7AM – long runs
- Participants are also encouraged to participate in our weekly Pub Runs on Thursday evenings at 6pm.
Highlights of the Training Program Include:
- A complete training plan leading up to the Madison Mini-Marathon (2 training plans to choose from based on goals and experience)
- Half Marathon Training & Half Marathon Training with Fall Full Marathon Focus
- Strength and Core workouts built into your training plans
- Weekly program emails with route information, advice, training tips, and motivation
- Mini-Race Director Fun Runs on Thursday evenings 1x/month
Expert coaching and guidance
- Organized group workouts 2x/week with mapped and courses – including portions of the race course
- Educational seminar series to supplement your training – including such topics as sports nutrition & hydration, self-massage, and injury prevention
- Vendor partner promotions and giveaways
Sampling of nutrition and hydration products
- Pace group leaders on Saturday mornings to help you stay on track (run with the race day pacers!)
- A team technical shirt
Participant only coupons and discounts
- A supportive environment for all athletic abilities that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships!
Registration and more details can be found on the Fleet Feet website: http://www.fleetfeetmadison.com/training/half-full-marathon-training