Important Start Line Information
The half marathon and 5K will both start at 7:00 a.m. CDT.
- The Half Marathon will start at the corner of Lake & Langdon
- The 5K will start on Park Street at the bottom of Bascom Hill at State Street Mall
- The Kids Race will take place 10:00 a.m. at the corner of Park and University
Race Day Parking (PLEASE ALLOW PLENTY OF TIME TO PARK!)
For race day parking options, please click here.
The Mini offers great opportunities for spectators to watch their friends and family on the Half Marathon Course:
- The Start Line at the intersection of Langdon & Lake Streets
- State & Lake Street: Mile 1.5
- Randall and Monroe (Double Viewing Spot): Mile 2.37 and Mile 8.44
- Randall and Drake (Double Viewing Spot): Mile 2.93 and Mile 7.97
- Vilas Parkway & Wingra Drive (Double Viewing Spot): Mile 3.5 and Mile 6.5
- Willow & Lake Shore Path (Double Viewing Spot): Mile 10.39 and Mile 11.5
- Finish Line at Memorial Union
14th Mile Post-Race Party
Friends and family may attend the Post-Race Party at the Memorial Union Terrace to celebrate your loved ones accomplishments, as well as cheer on other participants as they cross the Finish Line. There will be food, beer and fun activities for all ages.
- Get a great view of your friends and family as they make their way to the finish line by watching from the north side (Memorial Union side) of Langdon Street
- Food, Beer and Music: The Mini will is proud to have The Northern Hooks performing live this year! They will be rocking the Post-Race Party Area on the Union Terrace and Wisconsin Brewing Company beer will be served. Food will be available for purchase from the Brat Stand. Don’t forget to bring your ID and money to make a day of it at the Mini’s 14th Mile Post-Race Party!
Spectator Viewing Tips
- Coffee: Peet’s Coffee & Tea will be open in the Memorial Union on the first floor
- ATM: An ATM is located on the first floor of the Memorial Union
- Beware of “No Parking” postings and meter time limits
- Be sure to take a look at the route description and road closure information
- Take caution if crossing the route and always allow participants the right of way
- Parents, please keep a close eye on your children. The race site and course are very busy and potentially dangerous areas.
- Pets can be distracting to participants. Please leave pets at home.
Thank you for joining us at the 13th Annual Madison Mini-Marathon & 5K presented by UW Health!